Sunday, December 27, 2009

J. Cole is THE Truth

Over this past holiday weekend I visited some friends down at the University of Clara Casey, and in preparation for the solitary confinement I would have to endure during my hours of vehicular transit I made sure to get some new music. I came in to the drive with hopes of listening to Chip Tha Ripper's tape, The Cleveland Show (which is dope), but came out blown away by J. Cole's The Warm Up. I can't begin to count the times I shook my head in amazement at his rapping ability. After hearing his verse on Beautiful Bliss I knew he was going to be good, but I didn't expect anything like this. I know the Warm Up is kinda old now as it was released in June, but I'm really just writing this post so that Louis will download it. I'm having a tough time choosing which song to post in order to best exemplify Cole's skills, not that I could really go wrong. Let's go with Lights Please.

Oh, and did I say he produces all his own beats?
Download This Immediately

The Warm Up- Sickest Thing Ever
Lights Please- Sooo Sick

1 comment:

  1. J. Cole is Drake's anti-hero. It is possible that he will be the vanguard for his genre of MC much like Lupe is the vanguard of the conscious MC.

    ReplyDelete

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com