Sunday, September 6, 2009

Listen To These Songs Immediately

Kid Cudi's album leaked today and I have spent the day listening to it's greatness. I don't really wanna get into rating it just yet because severely overrating albums when I first listen to them is a weakness of mine, but after 2-3 listens it's safe to say the album is very good and deserves to be purchased. For all non-Cudi fans out there I implore you to at least give Man on the Moon a chance. I realize his actual rapping ability isn't anything special and his singing voice and cadence are tough to appreciate but if you can open up your mind and look past his emo-stoner label you'll find an artist with an unreal gift for melody and writing meaningful songs. Man on the Moon is NOT a hip hop album, don't go into it expecting to hear lyrically dense verses but rather a story of the culmination of Cudi's dreams being realized. I choose not to rate the album at this time but rather just request that you listen to the songs below. These songs show Cudi at his most vulnerable and triumphant, they are personal and musical achievements that deserve to be appreciated.


Cudi Zone and Soundtrack To My Life- Greatest Thing Of All Time (The Departed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com