Friday, June 12, 2009

Brother Ali is THE Truth

I've already hyped the remix of this track some time ago, but it's worth sharing the original with both of our readers. This track is off of the fresh EP that Bro' Ali released a couple months ago. I didn't get around to reviewing it then because I'm too cool to do stuff like that, but give a listen to this track and try and tell me that Lil Wayne can even TOUCH Brother Ali.

Ant has taken a new direction in his production lately; he's on a more electronic sound that I don't necessarily think is better than his earlier work (which was pretty much soul samples with drums), but not really worse, so I guess it's net-neutral. But it's not like you can really go wrong if you have someone like Ali rapping on your beats. He steals the scene EVERY time. He's like the Zach Galifianakis of rap. It's pretty amazing if you listen to Brother Ali speak on some conscientious and earnest shit, then switch over to self-proclaimed retarded alien Lil Wayne vomit out a sizzurp-infused shit salad and call himself the best rapper alive (I really do like Lil Wayne, don't get me wrong, but he just can't touch anyone with actual passion on the mic).
The point is that Brother Ali puts most rappers to shame, and he's often laced with hot hot hot hot beats by Ant. BA is releasing an album in the fall, and if it's anything close to his first two then I think we're all in for a treat. The man is a genius, and I would not hesitate to put him near the top of my list of best rappers alive.

"Talkin' My Shit" - Sickest Thing Ever

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com