Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hey Hey Hey

This is the new Drake single off of Gracias Luego, produced by that famous guy Kanye Opposite of East:

This beat is on some 808 shit, the drums especially. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I've been updating my resume to this song all night, mostly in my sleep. I mean here's the thing: you can't say it's a BAD song because obviously the beat and hook stay in your brain forever. "I'm more than just an option" is arguably my favorite line from any Drake song that is called "Find Your Love." (Get it?)
Evenways, I really feel like at this point Drake is just inviting the haters to tear him apart. Like, if I hated Drake (WHICH I DON'T PARTY IT UP BRO!!!) this song would be my fucking thesis about why: no substance, just stupid crooning, no actual lyrics (is there a verse in this song?), blah blah blah dar dar donker. But the thing is, I love Drake, and I LOVE THIS SONG. I mean it has its obvious shortcomings, and I was expecting a lot more when I heard Kanye + Aubrey but like srsly maybe I'm old fashioned but I fucking love it. I wish there was more going on and I wish it was 100 minutes long instead of 3 but still I like it so much and I'm sorry. Skittles expressed his disappointment to me in a textual message earlier today, and although I love him with all my heart (waaaaaaaaaay homo), sometimes I just have to disagree with him and just go update my resume to Drake. I love this song and I hope Drake finds my heart (even waaaaaaaaaayer homo) and Thank Me Later will be fabo.

Mmm word download

Find Your Love - Sooo sick

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com