Monday, October 26, 2009

Lil Wayne - No Ceilings

Apparently the self-proclaimed "best rapper alive" (I am the best blogger alive!) is releasing a mixtape on October 31 (I think that's also Halloween), and it's a return to his roots. That is to say, it won't have any fucking pain-inducing garbled auto-tune promethazine trip freestyles on it. Well that's a start.

I mean, I appreciate the fact that he's trying to recapture whatever magic he once possessed (Da Drought 3 was the highest of the highs), but I'm still skeptical. The issue is that after releasing 700 billion songs, how much more could Dwayne possibly have to say? As Filly said, "I'm more interested in watching Gabby shed." (LQTM!)
Despite all the skepticism that exists in this corner, this is promising:

This is fun to listen to, but he's really not saying anything compelling, nor anything that we haven't heard him say before. I'm the best. I'm at the top. I'm associated with Young Money. I kill beats. Everyone loves me. I like guns and I will shoot you with one of them if not all of them. I will kill you. Yadda, yadda, yadda.
All that being said, I'm obviously going to download this mixtape and bump it hard in the Sebring, but One Foot Out the Door is much higher on my list of priorities than hearing Dwayne repeat himself.

No Ceilings - Whatever. Seriously. Whatfuckingever.
Gabby - Greatest Dog of All-Time (The Departed)

I AM THE BEST BLOGGER ALIVE! (If I say it enough will people believe it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com