Monday, October 26, 2009

This Might be the Lamest Thing in the World


Wow. Gotta hand it to Yankee supporters. They sure know how to make a shitty, embarrassing remix. There's tasteful, and then there's this. What's hilarious is that every Yankee fan I've talked to is creaming their jeans over this song, as if it's some sort of musical/lyrical accomplishment to think of garbage like "Been a couple of years down now the Yankees are back/As American as apple pie and cracker jacks." Yeah, nothing says "America!!!!!" like the New York Yankees. Or racism.
Also, why does every Yankee fan ever have to brag about the history of the franchise, as if that somehow affects my perception of the current team? When I tell people that the Celtics are going to win the East, I don't say things like, "Dude, we had Bill Russell, Larry Bird, AND Kenny Anderson!" Nor do I tell them, "I'm sorry, I can't hear your negative thoughts, because my 17 championship banners are clogging my ears." (But can anyone really hear thoughts anyway?) Oh, I also don't make AWFUL songs like this (Smiley 80's was number one for FIVE WEEKS).
Let me also say that I don't dislike this song because it pertains to the Yankees' success. On the contrary, I am open to any and all music, regardless of its athletic affiliation (I like "Empire State of Mind," don't I?). I dislike this song because it is very very very terrible.
Will the Yankees even be able to sell out the World Series home games? I mean, they may run the town, but they certainly don't cater to its citizens.

"Yankees Run This Town" - Worst Thing of All-Time

Here is the entire song if you want to subject yourself to being sonically water-boarded:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com