Monday, April 6, 2009

Blog Her Face

Here's the new Kid CuDi jam featuring Lady Gaga (OMG HER AGAIN!!!), Kanye, and Common.

This song is underwhelming. I like the drums, but this beat is just classic new Kanye: loop a boring vocal sample ad nauseam and put some cool drums over it.
Of all the verses I thought Kanye's was the best, especially the lines about getting brain in the library because he likes knowledge (Funny!!!!).
I love CuDi to death, but sometimes it really sounds like he doesn't know whether he wants to rap or sing. He's capable of very profound and insightful lyrics when he tries, but he doesn't quite have a gift for melody. He's not good enough at singing to be a crooner (or even get on Drake's level; One Take Drake is emerging as my favorite 09er, and Wale is 1A and B.o.B is 1C), and I just wish he would decide what he wants to do. It's frustrating and awkward to listen to, especially because we all know he's capable of greatness.
Don't even get me started on Common, he's been confusing me ever since he dropped the god-awful Universal Mind Control train wreck.
Given all the talent involved in this track, it should be 600 times better, but that's what we were saying about "Swagga Like Us," and that song grew on me to the point that I listen to it daily, so we'll see how this relationship develops. For now, I'm not impressed.

"Poke Her Face" - Pretty Shitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com