Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Who is The Dream and how come no one has told me about him?

Seriously. I had never heard of him before yesterday.
I downloaded his latest album "Love Vs. Money" and after one listen through I enjoy it. With any other R&B album the songs sound generally the same, but his voice is astounding. He can croon with the best of 'em. He's a mix between Chris Brown (minus beating up famous hot female artists), T-Pain (minus the voice effects), and Usher (minus I don't know).

Our big brother site, Metacritic, is jockin him too. Great reviews all around. The production is above par and the lyrics are on par with any other R&B artist.
My favorite jam off his album so far is "Walkin on the Moon" featuring Kanye. I'm a sucker for an R&B song with a rap verse. Similar to this little diddy by John Legend.

Here's a link to download his album if you're interested.

The Dream - Sick

2 comments:

  1. he also wrote umbrella, which is arguably the greatest song of all-time (the departed) and makes me cream my jeans errr time i hear it

    ReplyDelete

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com