Wednesday, April 1, 2009

NEW New Wale

Yesterday I reviewed the first draft of Wale's debut single, "Chillin." Well, as I said once they reworked the song and added the Lady Gaga shit then it would be more listenable, and I was right. The Gaga hook doesn't really add much, and she is so shamelessly and obviously biting MIA that it's just embarrassing, but that's how music works: one band gets famous being original and spawn several imitators who become even more successful (see: Radiohead --> Coldplay). Evenways, here's the track:

Like I said, the Gaga vocals are uninspiring and extremely derivative, and I already analyzed Wale's firey flow yesterday, so now I'd like to briefly address the production. The way Cool n Dre chopped up and flipped this sample impresses me, and I quite enjoy the beat. Just a fantastic song all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com