Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm Just Living The Dream



Today I walk with a new swag. Is it because I just went for a nice jog? Not really. Is it because it doesn't get dark until 6:30ish now? A little bit. Is it because I have a stats test tomorrow? Good guess but no not at all. Is it because I sat in seat 104 at the Common feat. KiD CuDi concert last night AND RAJON FUCKING RONDO SAT IN FUCKING SEAT 103?? Yeah that's it.

We'll get to that in a minute, but I did go to the Common feat. KiD CuDi concert in Boston last night at the House of Blues. Devoted Crick fan Mac Sargent and I drove down to Wellington station where we took the T into Boston. First, we convienently stopped at the Modell's Sporting Goods in Medford, Massachussets where Kendrick Perkins, Glenn Davis, Leon Powe, and Brian Scalabrine were unvailing a new "Unbuntu" t-shirt and signing autographs. The shirt was pretty lame considering they had an entire unveiling of the shirt. Willie May was there too and he's an idiot and I lost respect for him. Anyway, we met those Celts dude, but we didn't get there early enough to get a spot in line for an autograph. We still met them and I took pictures on my phone for proof.
So then Mac and I took the T to Kenmore Square, ate dinner at Whack Arnold's obs, then walked over to the House of Blues. We had VIP section A row A seats 104 and 105 so we were already the friggen collective man. KiD CuDi came out at 8 PM on the dot and he was sick. Only about a quarter of the crowd actually knew his songs so it was hard to get excited. Once his debut album comes out his concerts will be sick.

So CuDi left the stage at like 8:30 and Common came on at about 9:15. At which point a dude in suit with long hair came up to me and Mac telling us we needed to stand up to let someone through. First, a beautiful gorgeous 10 of a girl walks past us. Then in a bucket hat and leather jacket walks Rajon fucking Rondo and sits right the fuck next to me. No joke at all greatest thing of all time (The Departed) times 38904789157909. I literally J'd in my P's. Holy fuck. Literally six inches away from me the entire concert. He obviously didn't want to be bothered, so I didn't. Regardless, I watched an entire concert with the cat and we fuckin chilled and shit. He was walking fine so don't worry about his ankle.

Common killed it. He performed every song I wanted him to and more. He did a "hip-hop" compilation where he rapped snip-its from famous influential rap songs from artists such as Biggie, Kanye, Nas, Jay-z, The Roots, etc. He even performed "N.Y. State of Mind" by Nas except he changed it to "Boston State of Mind." His free-styles were what capped off the night. First he brought a girl up on stage and free-styled about her name and her RUN-DMC shirt. He cut the music mid song to break up a fight between two girls in the crowd and brought one on stage and told her to go chill out backstage. From there he left the stage and let DJ Dummy fuckin' murder the turn tabels with Biggie's "10 Crack Commandments." Later in the show, Common asked someone in the crowd to give a word for him to bounce a free-style off. Naturally, the fan said "Celtics." At which point I was like holy fuck I'm still sitting next to Rondo. Common free-styled through most of the Celtics players including Rondo and some of the Red-Sox players. It was honestly by far the best free-style I've ever seen with Eminem's 8 Mile free-styles in second. By some Grace of God, Mac was wearing a RONDO shirt. So as Rondo was leaving, Mac showed him the back of the shirt in which Rondo was like "oh nice man" and gave him a soul shake.
We are the collective man and I'm practically best friends with Rajon Rondo.

Last Night - Greatest Thing Ever (Better Than The Departed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com