Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rabbit Rabbit Bunny Bunny Mawfuggas

Happy new month to you and yours. We stand here on the precipice of a new blogging generation. Metacricket enjoyed the most successful month of its storied history in February: we set records for page views, revenue, posts, pretty much every category other than blow j's received. Anyway, I want to thank everyone out there (Chester, Brundogg, and Jake) for your continued support and readership. Lord knows we need you now more than ever, what with the credit freeze and all this other economic bullshit.
It is in that spirit of social activism that I present to you one of my fave YouTube clips ever. Check out Stevie absolutely killing it at the '75 Grammys:

This performance gives me goose-bumps every time I watch it. It's fucking amazing. There is no one out there today who could go out there alone with a keyboard and so thoroughly murder it. I know I spend most of my time sucking the peepees of rappers, but none of them can touch Stevie.
I consider Stevie and Prince the two greatest musicians of all-time, and I don't think I'm alone. My mom also agrees with me, and she's a music teacher, so you know her opinion is definitive and academically accredited. But seriously, Stevie in his prime was fucking unreal; his compositions were rich and complex, and pretty much everything he touched turned to gold. It's a shame that he turned into a gigantic pussy in his later years, but his prime will never be forgotten. Kanye has cited "Songs in the Key of Life" as the bar against which he measures himself, and Barack has also acknowledged its profound impact on his life. It's too bad everyone these days is subjected to bullshit like Soulja Boy and The Jonas Brothers.
Again, thanks to everyone for making February one of our best months ever. I hope the Celtics win today, but the Pistons have looked real good lately since AI has been removed from the line-up. OH SHIT RASHEED WALLACE JUST GOT A T HE'S FUCKED YO!!!
I digress. Keep reading. We'll keep posting (or at this rate, I'll keep posting). Either way, someone will keep posting so you should keep reading and we'll keep being friends.

Stevie Wonder - Greatest Thing of All-Time (The Departed)
February for tha 'cricket - Greatest Thing of All-Time (The Departed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com