Saturday, February 28, 2009

For All Intensive Purposes

So you know the saying, "for all intents and purposes?" I've always thought that is was said, "for all intensive purposes." I know no one really cares, but I felt the need to share that with the world, and I'm really just writing this post to take my mind off the 3 Gajillion things I have to do. Australia has been nothing but great, but I just got this massive overwhelming feeling a little bit ago. This is the first night I've been here that I haven't consumed an alcoholic beverage. The streak ends at 8 days, by far the longest of my life.
Speaking of 8, Stephon Marbury had 8 points in his Celtics debut. A 104-99 win over the Indiana Pacemakers. I was unable to watch the game due to the fact that I am currently in outer space where all they play is rugby. I read the box score though and his line looked efficient. Hopefully he can bring some stability to the Celtics biggest weakness, the bench.
Speaking of benches (these are some fucking relevant segues), I recently just got back from a trip to Sydney, and during my time there I sat on a bench watching some weakass street performer. The performer had a group of about 100 people watching him, and this one group of like 10 big black dudes was kinda standing off to the side. I looked over at them, and realized that in the middle of this group was world famous hip hop producer Pharrell. As soon as people started to realize it was him they all left the street performer and flocked towards Pharrell. Flocked might not be a good word considering only like 10 people knew who he was, but you get the point. My friends all got a pic with him but I was to fat and slow and couldn't get in. You could tell Pharrell was mad sick of these people coming up and talk to him when he was just tryna take a nice stroll through Sydney. So he had this "im to good for these people" look on his face the whole time, but then my friend told him the We Got It For Cheap beat was the best beat of all time, and I saw a smile creep on to Pharrell's face at that point. I'll post the pic in a bit.
For now just check the Opera House, it is like, the coolest looking thing of all time.

That's all for now. Metacricket is slowing down and we need to get this shit going again. I'll do the 2324 things on my to do list and check back in with yall later.

Metacricket As Means Of Venting- Sick
Sydney- Sickest Thing Ever
Making Pharrell Happy- Sick

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com