Monday, February 9, 2009

My Two Cents

A-Rod did the right thing in admitting guilt in accusations against him of steroid use. Everyone in the past that has fessed up to it has faced considerably less scrutiny than those that continue to vehemently deny it, i.e. Bonds and Clemens. Nevertheless, his legacy is tainted forever. The players who have admitted it in the past--Giambi and Pettite--had much less expectation to live up to and less of a legacy to protect. The public for the most part has forgiven those guys, but they weren't supposed to be the greatest baseball player of all time; A-Rod was. The public will not be able to forget this and he will forever be the third ugly head in the three headed monster of Bonds, Clemens, and himself as the faces of the Steroid Era. I hated A-Rod before and I hate him more now, but I am still let down by his bullshit antics. Once again, fuck Bonds, Clemens, A-Rod, Selig, and anyone else who ignored steroid use in baseball. You have ruined my favorite sport's professional league for me. Once again, A-Rod did the right thing in admitting it, but that doesn't mean I won't fire the best steroid related insults possible at him this year at Fenway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com