Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hip-Hop Haters

Maybe I shouldn't be publishing this, but I really don't care because like 7 people read this blog anyway. For my writing class we have to write about TV shows that we watched that week, and this girl wrote about watching the Lil Wayne interview that Mike posted about. Here are some highlights of what she said about Mr. Carter:

Lil Wayne has tattoos on his face, bejeweled teeth, and is a self proclaimed “weed” smoker...Did I mention he’s a father of two? What a role model...Wayne (as he told Katie to call him) thinks he’s God’s gift to the world...I think he needs to sit down with someone who’s actually important and needs to see what productive, educated, responsible people do with their lives. He also should go to jail for all of the illegal stuff he does.

First of all, the fact that this girl has an issue with Wayne's face tattoos and "bejeweled teeth" might be racist. Secondly, if you're gonna get all mad at him for doing a little philosophizing then you should probably take a good hard look around the earth, because I'm pretty sure most celebrities--including OMG GUESS WHO FUCKING OLYMPIC HERO MICHAEL PHELPS WHOSE POSTER YOU PROBABLY KISS EVERY NIGHT--philosophize or actually do shit that's much worse than that.
The fact that she takes issue with Wayne having Katie call him Wayne is kind of ridiculous. It's like when I blow and I'm doing interviews and I tell people to call me Lou. Is that going to be a problem? Oh, it isn't because I'm white and I don't have face tattoos? Okay, well that's good to know.
I don't think Wayne thinks he's God's gift to the world. He makes tens of millions of dollars every fucking year, so he probably has the right "to be a lil bit snobbish." As for all this "role model" talk, is that some sort of joke? Since when has Wayne ever said to anyone that he is a role model? Dude shot himself in the fucking chest when he was 12 years old and has been hustling since he was fucking born. I don't think he's telling anyone to do that shit. But hey, if growing up poor in New Orleans and somehow making it out and then becoming world-famous and making a fuckload of money by DOING MUSIC INSTEAD OF HUSTLING is a bad example for the young kids of New Orleans, then I'd like to know what a good one is. No shit he's the father of two. And I bet those kids get everything they want whenever they want it.
Finally, I'm not going to argue that Wayne is uneducated. He dropped out of school at like 9 to pursue other interests. But how can we say he's unproductive? He's 26 and he's already released like 6 albums and 4 million mixtapes. He does more during the day--while philosophizing and "role modeling"--than I do in a week. Try making a hip-hop album. It's fucking hard. You can't do it unless you're PRODUCTIVE.

Girl hating on Weezy - Really shitty and possibly racist

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com