Tuesday, February 10, 2009

You Can Pay For School But You Can't Buy Class


In a recent Kanye West interview, the questionably hair styled rapper praised Jay-Z:

"We was at practice today, and I was like, 'Wow!' Just, like, the amount of egos that's in the room. ... Everybody just has to check their ego at the door. And I think Jay is the O.G., Frank Sinatra of all of us that everybody looked up to. Jay, at the end of the day, everybody that was in that room's got a rap that sounded exactly like a Jay-Z rap. So, for us to be in the presence of Jay-Z, the greatest living rapper, he balances all the egos. Mugs don't act crazy when they around Jay.
"Like, all the crazy stuff that I do — when I get around Jay, it ain't gonna be like that. It's almost like, I don't want to put the term of, like, a 'father figure' or stuff like that, 'cause my father has helped to raise me to be respectful. But in a hip-hop sense, he controls a lot of things. He shuts down a lot of bullshit, just on a bigger scale. He makes phone calls, and he makes it happen like it should happen. So he is a presidential-type character, really, in hip-hop."


Jay-Z - Best Rapper Alive (The Departed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com