Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Kanye Hypes Blueprint 3..... And Himself

I really don't think anyone cares about the Blueprint 3 anymore, except for Biff. Not that Jay ever had much of a buzz, Jockin Jay-Z flopped harder than Manu Ginobli. I think Jay's reign over the mainstream may be coming to an end. The young'ns have moved on to smaller and worse things (Lil Wayne). BP3 was supposed to come out in November or some shit, now it's February and there is still no sign of a release date, legit single, or video of any kind. With the lack of buzz Kanye West is trying his best to spark interest in the project. Recently Kanyeezy spoke highly of the album... and himself.

"I just did one beat the other day in Hawaii -- probably one of the best hip-hop beats of all time, if I do say so myself. I just gotta do three more beats and we're done, 'cause he's got classics. He's got songs that are better than any of the things you've heard leaked."

"So just imagine the caliber of beats on the last two Common albums I did -- Jay-Z has those types of beats. Those caliber of beats. A beat like 'The People,' that's the highest caliber of beat."


Look Kanye, The People is a dope beat, no doubt, but "the highest caliber?" Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I could name at least 10 Kanye beats better than that. If BP3 if full of beats as good The People I'll be happy, but its not gonna be "classic" or mind blowingly good. I expect BP3 to continue Jay's post retirement inconsistency. Kingdom Come was wack, AG was fire, BP3 will be ehhh, then he'll drop one more hot album before backing out the game as the 2nd best rapper alive. I bet you this streak will be snapped. The BP3 will debut at number one.... NOT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com